Clients who choose to invest in the MWM Real Estate Fund will benefit from a number of important and unique advantages which include:
For Property Owners:
- Equity funding is provided for the development of the property;
- Property owners ultimately maintain ownership of their property;
- A “turn-key” service is provided by the Company including the tenancy of the buildings;
- Property owners are afforded the benefit of the expertise and advice of the best professional advisers available in the BVI and internationally.
- Real Estate Investments can be made via a tax efficient structure. The Company has and maintains an ownership structure by which it is classified as a “local company” and thereby qualifies for the local rate of Stamp Duty of four percent (4%) in relation to real estate transfers. Foreign investors are currently subject to a Stamp Duty rate of twelve percent (12%);
- Foreigners require an Alien Land Holding Licence in order to purchase property in the BVI. This requirement is circumvented due to the Company’s status as a local company;
- A definite exit strategy exists;
- Easy and efficient transfer of ownership can be achieved;
- Substantial capital gains and cash returns can be realised, tax free.